Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Bleeding during intercourse while TTC after birth control.

Bleeding during intercourse while TTC after birth control.

Patient: My husband and I are trying to conceive. I finished birth control a week and a half ago and my bc fake period or whatever three days ago. While having sex tonight, I bled like having a period, but only for a few minutes. Is this normal?

Symptoms: Bleeding during intercourse.

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.If your withdrawal bleed following your birth control stoppage lasted only for 3 days t hen it is likely that the bleeding you experienced after intercourse is likely to be collected blood in uterus and a part of the withdrawal blood. This may take 2-3 days to subside or complete in toto.You may choose to wait for a week before resuming the intercourse again.I hope I have answered your query,Regards,