Bleeding during pregnangcy

Patient

Q: I am about 7 weeks pregnant with my third, no previous miscarriages, I have experienced a bit of light bleeding since yesterday, is this normal? I feel fine, no sickness, no dizzeiness, no fainting, no cramping , is there anything to worry about

Symptoms:  Bleeding
Doctor

If you are 7 weeks pregnant then any form of bleeding during menses have to be investigated with an ultrasound pelvis in order to establish metal well being and look for metal heart beat. The bleeding may be caused by a possible retroplacental clot or a possible subchorionic bleed which has to be ruled out to avoid any chances of abortion in future. Any bleeding in early pregnancy is termed as threatened abortion unless proven otherwise, so if above causes are ruled out then bleed can be attributed to a possible luteal phase defect and hence you have to be placed on progesterones daily till 14 weeks of gestation. Also bed rest is advised till bleeding stops, at least 3 days post stoppage of bleed to ensure placental stabilisation.
I hope i have answered your query in detail,
wishing you good health,
regards