Bleeding during sex

Q: I am bleeding during and alot after sex it doesnt hurt to have sex but after I am in alot of pain I have had the coyle for 3years because my periods were causing me so much pain I am due for a smear test on monday also. Shoulsd I be worried?

Symptoms:  I bleed during and after sex I have the coyle but my periods are erratic and very sore. I am due for a smear test on monday should I be worried?

A:   Bleeding after sex is medically termed as Post Coital bleeding. It is seen due to injuries inside vagina, any tears after childbirth, infections and STDs, polyps, cancers, etc. IUCD device inserted in you, usually has no effect in post coital bleeding. Consult a gynecologist for detailed examination and counseling and for appropriate treatment.