Bleeding during sex, was on depo shot

Patient : I was on the depo shot and now I bleed during intercourse and after, why is that?
Symptoms:  Bleeding
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. The Depot shots can cause intermenstrual bleeding and can also change your bleeding pat tern. But it is unlikely for you to bleed after every intercourse because of the depot shot. The cause for such a bleeding called as post-coital bleeding could be cervical polyps, cervical infection or an early stage of cervical cancer, cervical fibroids, etc. You may have to see a gynecologist and get an examination done. The doctor may advice a pap smear and an ultrasound as well.If needed colposcopy can be advised. Treatment would be initiated based on the cause. Avoid sexual intercourse till you see the doctor to avoid untoward bleeding. Hope this helped. Regards