Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Bleeding early pregnancy

Bleeding early pregnancy

Patient: I gave birth 9 months ago had a normal pregnancy lost a lots off blood getting the placentre out that ended with three blood transfusions. I found out Saturday I was 1-2 weeks pregnant. I started bleeding on Tuesday now Thursday and passing clots. I had cramps few days ago they have all gone now can you help?

Symptoms: Bleeding

Doctor: Hello,If you have confirmed your pregnancy by beta hcg test already and you are bleeding per vaginum with passage of clots, then it is likely that you are undergoing abortion .If the pain has stopped along with the bleeding then possibility exists that abortion have been completed. However , it is mandatory to get a transvaginal ultrasound to confirm completion or any remaining products of conception still inside which may require surgical evacuation.Please visit you physician for an examination and a repeat serum beta hcg levels which can indicate an ongoing or terminated pregnancy.I hope i have answered your query,wishing you good health,regards