Ask The Doctor > Pending > Bleeding for several days after first time having sex.

Bleeding for several days after first time having sex.

Patient: I’m a 2o year old female. I recently lost my virginity to my boyfriend. I bled during sex and I expected it. It was a dark colour like you get near the end of your period. I continued to spot for a couple more days after but it seemed to be stopping. Then today, 5 days after the sex, I started to bled more; a bright red blood. I don’t think it’s my period because my last period was only about two weeks ago and I’m pretty regular. Not enough lube wasn’t the problem and I don’t think he scratched anything. I’m not in pain, just a little sore. Also, we didn’t use a condom. I’m just a little concerned because it was my first time and I don’t know what to expect.

Doctor: