Bleeding from pin site following surgery for broken tibia

Patient : I have a broken tibia which at the moment has a circular frame fitted with 16 pin sites, I've had this on for 7 months, my problem is firstly whenever i change the dressings on the pin sites that go through my ankle, it starts bleeding quite fast , and the only way i can control it is by dressing it quickly and applying lots of pressure, its very painful and my foot below this point has turned a pinkish tone ,sometimes blueish, is this cause for concern , or is this a common thing , I can never get any information from the hospital , as I'm always rushed in and out.
Doctor :   You should not have any significant bleeding from any of you pin sites! This is not normal. You need to see your surgeon for an examination and review of your pin sites as soon as possible!