Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Bleeding in between periods after pregnancy.

Bleeding in between periods after pregnancy.

Patient: I have been taking the pill (noriday) for 9month now after having a baby 11month ago but i have still bleeding on n off in between my periods is that normal before i had a baby i have been on thid same pill for 5years and nothing like this has happened

Doctor: Any bleeding in between periods needs to be investigated. The main causes may be due to hormonal changes, anovulation, p elvic inflammatory disease, fibroids or endometriosis. You will need a detailed history and examination by your doctor to rule out the above mentioned causes.