Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Bleeding in between periods. Am I pregnant?

Bleeding in between periods. Am I pregnant?

Patient: Im mrs.Althaf. 23 years old. since 3 years no babies. my last period was on 18th oct. blead for 13 days. then since 9th nov i found some blood traces, not regularly, one after the other day,,,whats the reason? any signs of pregnancy

Doctor: Bleeding in between periods may suggest of an implantation bleed due to pregnancy, hormonal changes related to stress, a novulation, fibroids or a pelvic inflammatory disease. You may have to do a urine pregnancy test to determine whether you are pregnant or not. If the bleeding continues, you may have to consult your ob/gyn doctor for an internal examination and investigations like an ultrasound, hormonal studies, complete blood count and urinalysis to determine the cause of the inter menstrual bleed.