Bleeding in the incision area

Patient : After a removal of a interstim device, is there any symptoms? or problems around the incision area? I had one removed last Tuesday. The area has looked good and now as of yesterday the area has been bleeding. Is this normal?
Doctor :   Hello. Welcome to Ask The Doctor. I understand your concern. An incisional area after healing and removal of stitches should not bleed ideally. However, small bleeding can occur due to trauma during the stitch removal. You should inform your doctor if bleeding is excessive or if it is continuing. You should also take care of the incision area as it is prone to infection. I hope it helps.