Bleeding post Laparoscopic Hysterectomy?

Patient : On 26 Oct 11, i had total hysterectomy. The nurse from my doctor's office says it is normal to have some spotting after this typed of surgery. I have been spotting more than before and the cramps are getting to be more unbareable. Is this normal? I have no fever but the spotting is getting more than just spotting. I am very concerned and will like to know if this is normal. Should i be alarmed?
Doctor :   It is common to experience vaginal bleeding after total hysterectomy. The bleeding usually persists for a period of four to six weeks and should subside after that. Any persistent bleeding or increase in the amount of bleeding will require an examination from your obs/gynae doctor. Hope this information clarifies your concern.