Bleeding post period and sex

Patient

Q: Good afternoon wonderful doctor who is going to help me!! First Id like to say thank you! Also, Any info I give is in case it is relevant to my question and because it is not normal for me! So I apologize for any monotony.

I am a relatively healthy 24 year old woman, not obese and do not have any health conditions.

It has been an unusual month for me; my period was about a week late (my periods arent exact each month but their normally not as late into the month as this one was) and when it finally did arrive it was much worse than usual. It was a very, very heavy flow for the first 4 - 5 days, most of my periods dont last more than 5 days, this one was about 8 days. The cramps were debilitating, I did a lot of walking back and forth with a heating pad. So I was very ecstatic when it ended!

My husband and I had sex the next day. I am not on any form of birth control, we always use the "pull out method" but we didnt this time.

A few hours later I noticed a little blood in my underwear. I figured it was no big deal, and assumed it would go away in a day or 2. That was approximately 4 days ago. It's very little insignificant amounts of blood, but I also have intermittent cramping which is unusual for me in between periods.

So my questions come down to this, obviously going to a doctor is the best way to find out what's going on, but I have no insurance and money isnt exactly falling into my lap, so I'm wondering what could be some possible causes for this and if it is okay to simply wait for it to cease or should I be worried and rush to the doctors office?

Your time and advice is thoroughly appreciated!!!

Have a wonderful day!

Doctor