Bleeding the next day after first tme sex

Q: During sex I could not penetrate her and it was too hard, hence i backed off as even my penis hurted while penetration. She did not bleed at that time but the next day morning she told me she had spotted stains of blood and she started to bleed for two days from the next day after we tried to have sex. She confirmed me that it was not her period. Is it normal for virgins to bleed the next day after sex? If not why dint she bleed while i tried to penetrate her? Why did it started to bleed only after sometime but not immediately?

A:   Thank you for your question. It is possible that the bleeding that your partner experienced was due to sexual intercourse and rupturing of the hymen, a membranous covering of the vaginal opening present at birth. The bleeding my not be instantaneous, or the bleed may actually accumulate within the vaginal canal and be expressed later. If you had unprotected sex with your partner, it is possible to impregnate her on this her first sexual experience. We do not believe her bleeding is due to pregnancy, but it would be wise to keep in mind that this is a possibility and be prepared to seek medical attention to determine if she is pregnant should she miss her upcoming menstrual period. Please be guided accordingly.

Thank you for choosing