Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Bleeding Two Days After Unprotected Sex

Bleeding Two Days After Unprotected Sex

Patient: I am 14 and me and my partner had unprotected sex on Thursday 9th April and Friday 10th April 2015, I don`t think I was ovulating at the time but I started bleeding 2 days after, I am scared, what does this mean? Could I be pregnant?

Symptoms: Feeling Weak, Sickness, Tiredness

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.According to your description, the possible causes of bleed ing are dislodgement of clot from vaginal tear which might have occurred during intercourse, intermenstrual spotting due to hormonal imbalance, side effects of the hormonal contraceptive methods, pelvic inflammatory disease presenting with cervical erosion etc.Usually, implantation bleeding due to conception appear around one week after intercourse.If you want to rule out the possibility of pregnancy, please wait till your expected date of periods and if you miss your periods, please go for urine pregnancy test once.Take care.