Bleeding while on birth control

Patient

Q: I am on birth control. Recently I have been seeing blood when I urinate. I recently had unprotected sex with my boyfriend. What could this mean?

Symptoms:  Light bleeding
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your query.
It is advisable that you visit your doctor once to ascertain whether the blood is from the vagina or from the urine, in all probability since you say that you have been observing after urination the reasons for this could be various more likely simple like urinary tract infection, or some problem with the kidneys etc . Further investigation by the doctor could reveal the reason based on which appropriate treatment can be suggested.
Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.