Bleeding while Pregnant

Patient

Q: Is it okay for you to have a small amount of bleeding after having sex while pregnant?

Doctor

A:   Bleeding during pregnancy - related or unrelated to sex is not uncommon. As a general rule, spotting or small bleeding that resolves on its own withing 24-48 hours is non worrisome.
Reasons to see your doctor would be bleeding with abdominal pain, abdominal cramping, fevers or decrease in fetal movements.  I also recommend seeing a doctor if the bleeding is worsening as opposed to improving after the first day.
Lastly, I understand that pregnancy can be a time of high anxiety and seeking reassurance is always a good reason to see your doctor as well.