Blind pimples

Q: I think i have a blind pimple starting on my face can it cause a pressure and a dull headache

A:   Thank you for your question. Acne is caused by a bacterial infection which can spread throughout the regions of the face and scalp resulting in diffuse pain that can be perceived as a headache. This is due to the fact that the venous drainage of the face is connected to the scalp. As a result infections can be easily spread throughout the face. If you believe that your acne could be causing your headache, we recommend that you have this examined in person by your doctor as if this is left untreated, it can actually spread to the sinuses or brain. Please see your doctor. wishes you a rapid recovery.