Blister on my stomach

Patient

Q: I have a blister on my stomach and due to get a hysterectomy next week will this stop me getting hysterectomy

Symptoms:  Stomach blister
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. The position of your blister, its size, severity and whether it is infected or not will be considered in determining whether you will be cleared to have your hysterectomy or not. In general, minor skin injuries do not affect surgery. Your incision will be in the lower part of your abdomen for the hysterectomy and will not be near the blister, so you need not be concerned about this preventing you from being cleared for surgery.

Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com