Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Bloated and nauseous

Bloated and nauseous

Patient: I’ve been bloated and nauseous for a couple of days. I had sex three days ago, twice, but an hour apart. Can I be pregnant and bloated already?

Doctor: Thank you for your question. Nausea and bloating are not specific diagnostic symptoms of pregnancy. Rather they are symp toms that are associated with pregnancy. We are not sure if there was anything that you have ingested over the last few days that could have caused this. Furthermore, these symptoms usually show up after the first two to three weeks of pregnancy. If you are concerned about being pregnant, it is important that you see your doctor and perform a pregnancy test. This is the only way to be certain.Thank you for choosing Askthedoctor.com