Bloated/cramping could I be ovulating early ?

Patient: Bloated/cramping/gas shortly after sex. Mild cramping lasted an hour and a half. Should be ovulating the 13th but got the symptoms today on the 10th, could I be ovulating early?

Symptoms: Bloating/gas/cramps

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for contacting askthedoctor.comIt is common to perceive mild uterine contractions and lower abdomina l cramps shortly after sex for an hour or so before the estrogens and progesterone released during the act of intercourse are metabolized which cause these uterine contractions. They may cause crampy feeling in the lower abdomen and even bloating sensation.Ovulation is generally accompanied by a short pain called mittelschmertz and mild cramp and also bloating and gas formation sometimes. It is a possiblility that the timing may have coincided with the sexual act itself . However this can be confirmed with the help of an ovulation kit which can give an idea about the LH surge prior to ovulation . if it comes positive then you are likely to ovulate in next 36 hours and not ovulated as yet most likely.However the confirmatory means of diagnosis would be a transvaginal ultrasound to visualize a ruptured corpus luteum in the ovary and fluid in pouch of douglas.It is advisable to visit your physician for an ultrasound and further evaluation of reports.i hope i have answered your query.wishing you health.regards