Bloating sensation and Loose Stools

Patient

Q: I am experiencing sickness and bloating when I eat and i dissentry straight after or within an hour. Is there any explination for this?

Doctor

A:   The most common cause could be due to gastroenteritis due to a viral or bacterial infection of the gut. Most of the infections are usually viral in origin and no treatment is needed. I would advise you to take plenty of water and small frequent meals.
If the symptoms don`t improve even after these measures, you may see your doctor who might order blood test, stool culture to make a definite diagnosis.