Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Blood and mucus in stools

Blood and mucus in stools

Patient: I’m a 20 year old female. Recently I’ve had blood and mucus mixed in with my stools, no pain, very soft stools- almost like an infants stools, foul smell, once I’ve had stool incontinence, and I as well have frequent bowel movements.

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.Read and understood your history: 20 year/female – Recently had blood and mucus mixed in with stools, no pain, very soft stools- almost like an infants stools, foul smell, once had stool incontinence, and also have frequent bowel movements.This history is indicative that you may be suffering from severe form of Enteritis.I would advise you the following:-Consult a Doctor for getting a clinical evaluation to see your pulse, blood pressure and other vitals; ask for investigations and give you a proper prescription based antibiotic, metronidazole, probiotic, symptomatic and supportive treatment.I hope this will help you a lot.