Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Blood coming from penis but not in urine

Blood coming from penis but not in urine

Patient: 3 days ago I had unprotected sex with a female and everything was fine until last night…after intercourse I notice the condom had blood in it…It didnt look like any semen came out just blood…I had already masterbated a few times yesterday and never saw blood until I had sex that night..now blood is showing up on the tip of my penis like pre cum ..its not in my urine and it doesn’t burn nor do I feel any discomfort…please help

Symptoms: blood from penis like -pre cum…blood in semen

Doctor: Thank you for your question. Noticing blood after sexual intercourse could be a symptom of a sexually transmitted infec tion. It is important if this happens again, you develop pain either during urination or sexual intercourse, that you see ad doctor immediately. We recommend that you refrain from having any form of unprotected sex to prevent the spread of STIs. Possible causes of this could be gonorrhoea, syphilis, or a UTI. Please consult a physician to be examined and have necessary STI testing done to be certain.Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com