Blood coming out from inside penis tip

Patient

Q: Hi,

I had some blood come out of my penis when urinating. I had ejaculated the night before, woke up to go to the toilet and felt a burning feeling that I sometimes get when urinating after ejaculating. But I was half asleep and therefore involuntarily held back the urine because of the burning sensation that was a little worse than usual. And then something popped or broke near the tip of my penis. That caused an immense amount of pain and some blood to come out when I continued urinating. It still hurts now later in the day when i urinate, but hurts a lot less now.
Can you please tell me what went wrong and if there is something i should do about it or should I just let it heal?
Thank you

Doctor

Patient: will i get an email to notify me when my question is answered?