Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Blood from ears and it’s painful

Blood from ears and it’s painful

Patient: Hi,I have some issues with ear and it is really painful and it cause me blood then i been to my GP and he told me to use a medicine and i am still using it but its still the same.Can you please give me any advice?

Symptoms: Blood from my ear

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.There could be an inflammation, infection or any tumor in the ear which could be the ca use for this constant bleeding from the ear. Through an otoscope, the doctor has to visualize the cavity of the ear and rule out the above causes. You will have to see an ENT specialist for this. The doctor may suggest you specific antibiotics and anti inflammatory medications for treatment. Meanwhile do not allow water or any foreign body to reach the affected ear. Continue your medications prescribed by the GP until you see a specialist.Hope this helped.Regards