Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Blood glucose numers drive me crazy

Blood glucose numers drive me crazy

Patient: I am a 60 yr male with diabetes, on 500 mg metformin 1xday last A1C was 6.0 morning wake up 88-110. After a pizza lunch today I was 180 my usual meal is about 140 25 mins on treadmill back to 109. How bad is this?

Symptoms: None

Doctor: Hi and thanks for the query, I am very pleased to be assisting you with your health questions today.yes, you have hi gh post pizza sugar, but there is no need to worry, it can be easily manageable. check sugar 2-3 times more , if it remains more than 150, then I would like to add a new medicines which can reduce your post meal sugar. You can also discuss with your doctor, if he wants to change your metoprolol, as it can increase your sugar.Hope this helps and provides answers to your question.I wish you good health, take care