Blood Group Inheritance

Patient : My mother is A+; father was AB+; I am O. From my education, this does not make sense to me. I am considering doing further research. Can you please give me some answers? Thank You.
Doctor :   If your mother is A+ and your father is AB+, potentially you could acquire the blood groups A+, B+ or AB+. I agree that if your blood group is O, this does not follow conventional logic. I advise attending your family doctor for a blood group test to confirm blood group type, in each of your family members.