Blood Hemoglovin levels lowShould I see a specialist?

Q: I am 65. male....I found out that I was bleeding internally and had a hemoglobin count of 83...I went to hospital and they sent me home with a fast tab to stop the bleeding and a prescription for iron sulphate pills..I take a blood pressure pill as other pills.

My doctor has been taking regular blood tests and my hemoglobin at first went to 87 and today was back to 83. My doctor is now considering iron injections. Meanwhile I am still dizzy and have no strength or stamina..I can leave the house for a few hours but get tired quick and end up in bed.

I am totally afraid of a blood transfusion due to what happened in Canada in the eighties with tainted blood etc......Will my blood hemoglobin levels build up in time and should I see a specialist?

Symptoms:  Dizzy all the energy.....