Blood Hemoglovin levels lowShould I see a specialist?

Patient : I am 65. male....I found out that I was bleeding internally and had a hemoglobin count of 83...I went to hospital and they sent me home with a fast tab to stop the bleeding and a prescription for iron sulphate pills..I take a blood pressure pill as other pills. My doctor has been taking regular blood tests and my hemoglobin at first went to 87 and today was back to 83. My doctor is now considering iron injections. Meanwhile I am still dizzy and have no strength or stamina..I can leave the house for a few hours but get tired quick and end up in bed. I am totally afraid of a blood transfusion due to what happened in Canada in the eighties with tainted blood etc......Will my blood hemoglobin levels build up in time and should I see a specialist?
Symptoms:  Dizzy all the energy.....
Doctor :   This question is currently in queue and will be answered shortly by one of our doctors. In the meantime you may browse our library of answered questions by clicking here.

Related Q&A

Q: Anemia from mercaptopurine and mesalamine interaction. Iron saturation normal. Other iron level drop. Condition not i...

Q: Hello, I recently noticed that my nails have no moon and that they have a somewhat of a paleness white area to them f...

Q: I have blood clots in my leg at the top of the thigh in the femoral artery. I also have the factor 5 .I was put on X...

Q: 4.5 years ago, after my 3rd child was born, I had massive blood loss and needed an iron infusion. I had a slight alle...

Q: So I recently found out my ferritin was low only because my hair started to fall out. Every year I go for a blood te...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon