Blood in discharge 9 days after last period

Patient : I am a 22 year old female. My last period ended 9 days ago, however I started seeing some blood in the vaginal discharge yesterday and there was a little more blood today. I am not and have not been sexually active. Should I be concerned or is it normal for this to occur from time to time?
Symptoms:  Blood discharge
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. A bloody vaginal discharge after you have had your normal period could be a normal occurr ence due to hormonal fluctuations. However this can also be a sign of more serious conditions such as those affecting your cervix. We recommend that you have your doctor examine you just to be certain that you are not experiencing any bleeding from your vaginal canal, cervix or uterus. Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com