Blood in my sperm

Patient

Q: I just started to bleed from ejaculation? This scared me quite a bit!

Doctor

A:   Blood in the semen can come from many possible organs, including the testicles, prostate,bladder or urethra. Given your history of the prostate I would suggest that you inform your doctor of this incident, being cautious of any changes in the condition of the prostate. There are many other possible reasons for blood during ejaculation, like infection anywhere within the genito-urinary system, inflammation of the prostate(prostatitis) or the urethra(urethritis), calculi etc. These can be diagnosed with a simple urine test. An ultrasound or MRI may require for semen analysis. Because you are on the antibiotic cephalexin, flare ups from the infection is less likely. A visit with your family doctor may help with further evaluation and treatment if required.
Blood in the semen can come from many possible organs, including the testicles, prostate,bladder or urethra.  Given your history of the prostate I would suggest that you inform your doctor of this

incident, being cautious of any changes in the condition of the prostate. There are many other possible reasons for blood during ejaculation, like infection anywhere within the genito-urinary system, inflammation

of the prostate(prostatitis) or the urethra(urethritis), calculi etc. These can be diagnosed with a simple urine test. An ultrasound or MRI may require for semen analysis. Because you are on the antibiotic

cephalexin, flare ups from the infection is less likely.  A visit with your family doctor may help with further evaluation and treatment if required.