Blood in semen

Patient : I have blood in my semen. It started yesterday I have no other symptoms at all. I read that it's not very uncommon and usually it goes away on its own. It's bright red in color. It doesn't hurt to ejaculate. Just blood in the semen
Symptoms:  None
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. We recommend that you visit your doctor to conduct a genital exam and testing for possible sexually transmitted infections. It is possible that this is a solitary event and will not occur again however we want to be cautious and have the appropriate examinations and test performed to rule out any serious infections. Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com