Blood in stool and pain in lower stomach

Patient

Q: I have had blood in my stool for about a week and the lower part of my stomach is been hurting realy bad i dont have insurance so im just trying to see what it mite be

Doctor

A:   At this point with the information that you have given it is very difficult to give you a definite diagnosis of what you may be having. There are various causes of blood in stool or bleeding for the rectum which may include: Diverticulitis, colon cancer,Gastroenteritis or intestinal infection, hemorrhoids, anal fissure etc. This is a serious symptom and needs to be investigated further . You will also need to send your stool for analysis. Please consult a physician in person.