Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Blood in Urine from 3+ months. No symptoms , Feeling Normal.

Blood in Urine from 3+ months. No symptoms , Feeling Normal.

Patient: Hello DoctorI am a type 2 diabetic male aged 38 years living in US in virginia.3 months back when i went to doctor for a regular sugar check in hospital, they found blood in urnine (microscopic). Then they referred me to a urologist for further examination. I had no symptoms at that time. Urologist further did blood check , urine and cystoscopy. He also did CT scan of kidney and urinary bladder. He found no problem with these tests and said all is normal.He then referred to kidney specialist for further examination.Kidney doctor did further tests on blood ,urine and told me that kidney function is normal. blood is still found in urine. as there were no symptoms he asked us to comeback after 1 month to monitor the blood in urine.After 1 month , we visited again with blood tests. Blood is still in urine with slighly higher levels than previous result.Now he is suggesting for kidney biopsy and explained us on the procedure.I dont have any symptoms at this point of time and feeling normal. Although he did insist on going for kidney biopy at this pointof time. he gave us two suggestions.1. Monitor the blood levels for some more months.2. kidney biopsy to undertsand further on the kidney functioninng.He has left this to deccide on one of the above.I want to know the doctors on this site to advise me on what should i do in this case.Should i go for kideny biposy ? How safe is this procedure ?Please advise

Symptoms: Blood in Urine

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you.You are suffering from Painless Hematuria that too asymptomatic.I t can occur due to conditions like Bladder cancer, Autoimmune diseases, Nephritic syndrome, Occult Tuberculosis.Since your Cystoscopy and CT Scan is normal, so it is very unlikely that you have cancer.I suppose, you should not wait further and go ahead for kidney biopsy.Rare complications are infections, hematoma. You should also get a Urine for Acid Fast Bacilli, at least 3 samples. This will help you to rule out tuberculosis.Share my opinion with your doctor.Good Luck.