Blood in urine test.

Q: Help I dont understand. I have a nephew his mother is decease. He is 27 years old and he is developemental delay. Back round you need to know he is a child born to two first cousins and has always had mental problem he works on the level of a five or six year old. Medically he is healthy. He does not tell you when he is in pain you have to figure things out for yourself by watching for changes.
Last Sunday night I took him to the ER because he was going to the wasshroom every 5 to 10 minutes I kept a record of the times and it was 12 times in 2 hours I had my 17 yrs old son go to the bathroom with him. Here is what he told me. It is hard for him to start urinating and he acts like he is hurting when he goes, it stops and starts. The ER Doctor told me he had blood in his urine but no infection. Gave him 3 days of Bactrin if it did not get better see his doctor. Things did not get better so by Wedsenday we went to his family doctor. The urine test still showed blood in his urine they did a cat scan and blood work. The nurse called me and told me the cat scan was normal and the blood work was also normal. I told her that he is still going to the washroom at less every half hour and there has to be an answer to all this. She told me we could set an appointment with a specialist and I asked her to do so.I was given an appt for the end of March 5 or 6 weeks away. And told I can go to another town if I want him seen sooner.
Here is my problem he is still going to the washroom a million times a day, sometimes when he goes to stand up we can see he is in great pain. He does not know how to explain what is wrong with him and I dont know what I should be doing. I also dont know if this is something that can wait 5 to 6 weeks to see the doctor. Can someone please help me understand what I need to be doing and how to get him the right help.