Blood lump underside big toe in soft flesh area

Patient

Q: Instantly woke up with a small pea sized lump on the underside of my left big toe. It is not on the pad/toe print area, but below that in the loose flesh area. It appears to be filled with blood, and hurts. I know for certain I have not injured or bumped it in any way. I have been completely inactive for years, as I work from home at a desk for hours on end. Its not a blood blister, I know what that is.

Symptoms:  Lump, looks like filled with blood, pain where lump is
Doctor

A:   Hi
Thank you for the question,

A foot lump is a protuberance or localized area of swelling occurring on the foot. Other terms used to describe the various types of lumps include bump, nodule, contusion, tumor, and cyst. Foot lumps can be caused by any number of conditions, including infections, inflammation, tumors or trauma. Foot lumps caused by infection, inflammation or trauma are usually temporary and subside as the underlying condition resolves. Foot lumps that persist or continue to grow over time may signal more serious conditions, such as tumors.

It is better to talk to your Doctor about it. I hope this will help you. Get well soon.