Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Blood Pressure control issues.

Blood Pressure control issues.

Patient: My wife has high blood pressure and has for about four years. Her bp recently has stayed around 160over120. She is currently on Diovan 320mg also a diuretic and also Norvasc. It doesnt seem to be working as you can tell by her bp. Any suggestions? My mother takes bystolic and it works wonders. Should this be suggested to the doctor? Please help I am worried

Doctor: Each individual is different and the control of blood pressure differs from case to case. Since she is already of 3 medi cations we may need to add another medication to get the Blood pressure under control. Also I would also advice you to get her checked up for other conditions which may lead to high blood pressure like renal disease etc. I hope this helps.