Blood pressure increase during my sleep

Patient

Q: Hello, I’m 65 years old with normal blood pressure at 13/8. I suffer from Tinnitus.
I noticed during the last three years that my blood pressure increases to around 17/9 during my sleep and during the first minutes after I wake up. I noticed also that the ringing increases just after I wake-up.
Do you have any plausible cause for the increase of my blood pressure ? any recommendations ?
Thanks

Symptoms:  Increase of blood pressure.
Ringing increase.
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. From your description it is possible that you are experiencing postural hypertension. This is not a conclusive diagnosis, and we recommend that you be evaluated by your doctor to determine the cause of your increased blood pressure while supine (laying down). Irregular heart beats, dehydration, certain medications, diabetes, and sclerotic blood vessels can all be causes of this phenomenon. We recommend that you be examined by your doctor to determine what could be causing this and how it can be corrected.

Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com