Blood pressure spikes and fainting

Q: I was hospitalized three times between September and December of 2013 for Hypertension. I am now on medication and the blood pressure seems under control. Throughout this ordeal I've had episodes passing out or feeling as though I'm about to. It continues even now but none of my doctors has been successful in addressing the issue. I need an answer to what is causing this problem.

Symptoms:  The skin on my face, neck and chest becomes flushed. I get pounding in my ears and I feel as though I' going to faint. The episodes last about 20 minutes. I was able to check my blood pressure during one of these episodes and it was about 178 at the time. Within minutes it returned to less than 130.