Blood report

Q: I m pragnant n my blood report is showing 434 total HCG ,SERUM .may u tell me can we guess my baby is girl or boy? on report ther is refrences r for males 2.5 n for females 5.o

A:   Hello, I understand your concern about your babys gender. The method that you want to use to determine your babys sex is not 100% accurate, and I would need you to provide me with the length of your pregnancy at which you got those levels of HCG. Certainly the earliest time to know the sex of your baby is at 12 weeks by an ultrasound by a skilled health care provider in 80% of times, the recommended time to diagnose gender in a fetus is at week 20. I wish you the best.