Blood test report. Low count for much and mcv

Patient

Q: What does low mcv and mch but normal rbc and mchc indicate for a blood test

Symptoms:  Annual medical check up.
Doctor

A:   Hi
Thank you for the question.

The average red blood cell size is called the mean corpuscular volume (MCV). The amount of hemoglobin per red blood cell, called the mean corpuscular hemoglobin (MCH). The MCV rises when red blood cells are larger than normal (macrocytic). This condition is called macrocytic anemia.The MCV falls when red blood cells are smaller than normal (microcytic). This condition is called microcytic anemia. When MCH values are high, the red blood cells are called hyperchromic. The red blood cells will be deeper in color. This condition is called hyperchromic anemia. When MCH values are low, the red blood cells are called hypochromic. The red blood cells will be paler in color. This condition is called hypochromic anemia. The MCHC is the average concentration of hemoglobin inside a red blood cell. When the MCHC is higher than normal, then hemoglobin is abnormally concentrated in red blood cells. The red blood cells will be deeper in color. This is called hyperchromia. When the MCHC is lower than normal, hemoglobin is abnormally diluted in the red blood cells. The red blood cells will be paler in color. This condition is called hypochromic anemia.

I hope this will help you. Have a nice day.