Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Blood Test results need examination by a doctor and

Blood Test results need examination by a doctor and

Patient: I have a blood test results including triglyceride and cholesterol and uric acid and needs to be checked by a doctor pleasefirst test was made on 10MAR15 .second test made on 22jul15 .I only started my diet just one month before the 2nd test.i have high (bad) cholesterol and low(good) cholesterol, and i need to know how to fix it without any medications please

Blood Test results need exa...-1 Blood Test results need exa...-1 Blood Test results need exa...-1

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor. I understand your concern.You have deranged lipid profile with such level of derangement, treatment with statins is not warranted.You should also get your blood sugar tested in case it has not been done yet.I would advise you to:1. Reduce your weight.2. Avoid Fatty food in diet.3. To consume potato, rice, oil, ghee, sweets, carbonated beverages in moderated amount only.4. Avoid alcohol and smoking in case you do.Get your lipid profile repeated after 3 months and write back to me with reports.I need to know for uric acid that, do you have any joint pains?This is my best opinion for you.You should discuss my opinion with your doctor. If you have any further query, please ask me.Stay healthy.

Patient: Good Day Doctor,
Thank you for your reply, to be honest i didnt understand what you mean by this sentence : “You have deranged lipid profile with such level of derangement, treatment with statins is not warranted.” – would you please explain it in more simple language since English is not my mother language ?
and regarding blood sugar test, what kind of the blood sugar test do you want me to do?
and regarding joint pain, no there is no pain, only high levels of uric acid in the test.
Thank you again for your time

Doctor: Hi. Statins are medicines used to treat high cholesterol levels.
So I meant that you don’t need me medicines. You can improve on diet control.
For high uric acid that is asymptomatic you don’t need medicines. Drink plenty of water and write to me if you get joint pains or it persists