Blood test results with high ALP

Patient : How worried should I be about an Alkaline phosphatase level of 199?
Doctor :   High ALP usually means that either the liver has been damaged or a condition causing increased bone cell activity is pre sent. If other liver tests such as bilirubin, aspartate aminotransferase (AST), or alanine aminotransfere (ALT) are also high, usually the ALP is coming from the liver. If calcium and phosphorus measurements are abnormal, usually the ALP is coming from bone. The levels that you present might simply be caused to a partial obstruction of your bile ducts, however since you have pain in your arms and legs; I would suggest you to inform your physician about those symptoms since they might be related to the cause.