Blood Test shown 4.2% Hemoglobin.

Patient : My wife has got fever with shivering since last week, her Blood Test shown 4.2% Hemoglobin, what to do?
Symptoms:  Fever with shivering
Doctor :   Hello. Welcome to Ask The Doctor. I understand your concern. This hemoglobin level is very low. She requires blood t ransfusion and evaluation of the cause of this severe anemia. Since this is associated with Fever and Chills then she should be evaluated for Malaria. I would recommend following tests immediately: 1. Hemogram with ESR to see for WBC and Platelet count. 2. Malaria antigen test 3. Liver and Kidney function test 4. Urine examination. 5. Stool for occult blood. 6. G6PD Deficiency. At present she should be evaluated for the cause of fever and anemia and a blood transfusion should be given. I hope it helps. Stay Healthy!