Blood Transfusion and Pregnant

Patient: I’m severely anemic with a Hemo level of 6.2 and my doctor has advised me to get a blood transfusion in order to take care of the heart racing events and weakness events whether walking 10 steps or less, standing or sitting. Laying down is my only good remedy or stopping where I stand until my heart racing slows down. Please help— I rather not get the blood transfusion because of the risk of diseases or errors upon the baby and I.

Symptoms: Heat racing events and weakness

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Your hemoglobin levels are very low and you also have many symptoms which indicate towa rds an impending circulatory failure if left untreated. It is dangerous not to correct anemia in pregnancy as it can have dangerous complications on your health during pregnancy and labor and even after delivery. It can also affect the growth and development of the baby. Blood transfusions are the first line of treatment for such low values of hemoglobin in pregnancy. The blood you will receive is generally screened for hepatitis, syphilis, malaria, HIV and all other important infections and also grouped and cross-matched to avoid any complications. When done under medical supervision, blood transfusions do not cause any problem during pregnancy. It is best to opt for this and increase your hemoglobin levels. Tablets and injections will not help you. Kindly stop worrying and opt for transfusions.Hope this helped.Regards

View all posts