Bloody mucus coming from nose

Patient

Q: Hello, my 15 year old daughter has recently caught a cold and a nasty dry cough but whenever she blows her nose it's usually blood. Not just streaks however, it usually only consists of bright red blood. Any idea as to what this is?

Symptoms:  Coughing, sneezing, bloody mucus
Doctor

Thank you posting your query on ATD.
It is not uncommon to have bleeding through nose in persons having cold and cough.
Due to running nose and congestion the fragile mucosa of the nose gets broken and blood starts oozing. There is scab formation inside nose at the place of bleeding. Whenever scab is displaced during blowing nose or sneezing, the blood with nasal secretions comes out.
Vitamin C and Saline nasal drops will prevent her from such bleeding.
You are requested to consult ENT specialist for same.