Bloody stool

Patient: So a couple days now when I go pee it burns so I took an at home UTI test and I tested positive just for the leukocytes part and today I woke up with a stomach ache and I went to bathroom and I had blood in my stool, an hour or two later I went to bathroom again and there was more blood in my stool and this time there was blood without stool.

Symptoms: burning when I pee, stomach ache in lower area, had a headache, tired

Doctor: Thank you for your question. Blood in your urine and stool could be indicative of both an infection and concomitant gast rointestinal bleed. We are not suggesting this is a definite cause but since your bleeding acutely began a couple of days ago, it does concern us. We recommend that you go to see your doctor as soon as you can to determine what is the cause of this. Possibilities include hemorrhoids, anal fissures (tears), or a GI bleed. We recommend that you ere on the side of caution and have a thorough examination conducted by a physician to rule out any serious illnesses.Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com