Blotches and ringing in my ear

Q: Why do I get a random weird feeling, like I am going to faint?

Randomly, I will get this week feeling as if I am about to faint but I never do. I start to see blotches of light or something and I have to hold on to something so I do not fall. It happens every couple weeks or days randomly. It goes away after a couple minutes or so. It also comes with a high pitched ringed sound in my ear. Oddly enough, it occurs only in one ear, never two. It happens mainly to my right ear but occasionally to my left. They have been going on for a year or so and are really freaking me out. I haven't mentioned any thing to anyone cause I thought it wasn't a big deal, but I am having second thoughts.

Symptoms:  Feeling of fainting, ringing in ear, blotches of light in my vision