Blowjob causing throat problems?

Patient : So my girlfriend gave me a blowjob for the second time yesterday and today she said that at the back of her throat, at the top of the mouth there were red spots. I looked at it and it seemed to be bruised, very red and there were like splotches of red. She says her throat does not hurt or anything but feels weird, like its sore. Is the reason for the red roof of the mouth due to maybe me being a bit too rough? she said that she was gagging when she was sucking down there yesterday. Is this redness serious? or will it go away in a few days. Serious, as in a disease? I do not think any of us have any sexual diseases since we are both virgins and we are each other's first relationship. Im just worried that this red roof of the upper mouth is more serious than i think it is, if it is then I wont be asking her for a blowjob again. Additional Information: The first time she gave me a blowjob, the next day there were red spots at the back of her throat, but I did not think it was related since she also said that when she swallowed it hurt. We just thought she was getting sick, so she took some meds, and about a couple days later, the red spots started to disappear. Bottom line: Are these red marks, splotches at the roof of her mouth serious? Is it due to her giving me a blowjob?
Symptoms:  Red roof, spots, inside top of mouth
Doctor :   Hello, Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com I understand your concern. The only STD that can be transmitted through oral sex is Herpes. If the male partner has herpes, and it is transmitted during the act, the female partner can get infected and develop either mouth sores, or present with a throat infection. Since you both were virgins and had no such exposure, a STD can be ruled out. Now, the red spots can indicate acute pharyngitis for which she needs an antibiotic course after confirming the diagnosis with her physician. A good choice antibiotic would be Cap. Augmentin 625 mg twice daily for 5-7 days. If the oral sex is too rough, it can lead to local bruising and injury, further increasing the chances of the infection. So try to avoid that and be gentle. As of now, she should be put on antibiotics. Please confirm the diagnosis before starting any arbitrary treatment. Hope this was helpful. Regards.