Blunt trauma to the abdomen with Previous Appendectomy

Patient

Q: Dear doctor, I am a 23 years old, amature mix martial arts fighter. I had my appendix removed now about 2 years ago, i haved stopped my training and fighting do to fear of getting hurt or damaging the area. can heavy blows to that area affect me or not?

Doctor

A:   By now, you should have completely recovered from your surgery. Blows to the area will not have any more significant effect than to any other area of the body. You should note that the liver and the spleen are the two most likley organs to be injured in blows to the body.