Blurred vision after working out and drinking coffee

Q: I went for a run this morning (half an hour pushing my 7 month old in the jogging stroller). I drank a cup of water afterwards, and then went to get coffee. After drinking a couple cups of coffee, my vision started to get blurry, at first like I had looked at a very bright light and when I tried to focus on objects (like the computer screen) there was a big blurry spot where I was trying to focus. Then it started to get very blurry in the bottom and periphery of my vision. This lasted about 15-20 minutes. I drank some water and eventually it started to go away.
This has happened to me before, about two or three years ago, and also a couple years before that. I went to the emergency room after these episodes in the past because the blurred vision was accompanied by numbness in my lips and I was also pregnant the last time this occurred.
The doctors did not find anything wrong with me and it went away.
This time it was only my vision that seemed affected. Each time this has happened I have noticed it has been during the summer and I had been drinking coffee and or working out. Is this just an adverse reaction to caffeine perhaps combined with minor dehydration?
What could be causing this?